The Nigeria Entertainment Awards (NEA) is an annual event that celebrates and recognizes outstanding achievements in the Nigerian entertainment industry. One of the categories of the NEA is the Music Video of the Year, which honors the best music video released by a Nigerian artist or group. This category also recognizes the director of the winning music video.
Criteria for the NEA Music Video of the Year
The NEA Music Video of the Year is awarded based on the following criteria:
- Quality of the video production (including cinematography, editing, and special effects)
- Creativity and originality
- Impact on the Nigerian music industry
- Concept and storyline
The judging panel comprises industry experts, including music producers, directors, and journalists.
Role of the Music Video Director
The music video director is responsible for bringing the artist’s vision to life. They work closely with the artist to develop a concept and storyline for the music video. They also choose the locations, props, and costumes, and direct the actors and extras on set.
The music video director is also responsible for the technical aspects of the video production, including camera angles, lighting, and sound. They work closely with the cinematographer and editor to ensure that the final product meets the artist’s vision and the NEA criteria.
Recent Winners of the NEA Music Video of the Year
Here are some recent winners of the NEA Music Video of the Year and their directors:
- 2020 – “1 Milli” by Davido, directed by Director K
- 2019 – “Dangote” by Burna Boy, directed by Clarence Peters
- 2018 – “Come Closer” by Wizkid ft. Drake, directed by Daps
- 2017 – “Soldier” by Falz ft. Simi, directed by Clarence Peters
Importance of the NEA Music Video of the Year Award
The NEA Music Video of the Year award is important for several reasons:
- It recognizes the hard work and creativity of the music video director and their team.
- It promotes excellence in the Nigerian entertainment industry.
- It encourages artists and directors to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.
- It helps to raise the profile of Nigerian music and entertainment on a global scale.
The NEA Music Video of the Year award is an important category that recognizes the best music video released by a Nigerian artist or group. The award also honors the director of the winning music video, who plays a crucial role in bringing the artist’s vision to life. The NEA Music Video of the Year award promotes excellence, innovation, and creativity in the Nigerian entertainment industry.